- Department/Location: Corporate office – Milwaukee WI
- Reports to: VP – Product Innovation
Engineering team member that is responsible for supporting the engineering team and new product development with automated equipment design, fabrication, validation/qualification and modifications. This role includes control system development, electrical panel design and fabrication, programming, machinery wiring and testing.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
All employees at Biocut work for the customer and strive to provide “customer delight.” Each of us has areas of expertise, but these roles do not confine us. Rather, they provide a starting point where we delight the customer, continuously improve, and challenge others.
- Design control logic and automated systems from customer input and team member direction
- Design PLC control systems
- Program HMI applications
- Layout of electrical panels
- Ability to build electrical panels and ancillary systems
- Wire automated machinery
- Test and certify automated machinery
- Modify existing machinery per customer requirement
- Develop schematics in AutoCad
- Manage outsourcing of high-volume electrical panels
- Perform and document tests for internal use or for customer reference
- Compile Design History Files and supporting documentation
- Develop CAD models in SolidWorks preferred
- Other duties as assigned
Experience And Educational RequirementsAssociates or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 3-5 years experience that is related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Solid understanding of industrial automation machinery and components
- Basic understanding of automated fluid processes
- Direct customer management work experience preferred
- Minimal, approximately 25% depending upon customer need.
- Travel may be up to twice per month, duration of trip varies (overnight, up to one week maximum).
- Medium physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Requires walking and standing and some climbing during the day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.