- Department/Location: Corporate office – Milwaukee WI
Engineering/Production team member that is responsible for building and supporting automated equipment. This role includes control panel wiring, light programming, machinery wiring and testing. This employee will work with project managers, engineers and customers to specify ground-up builds of custom automated machinery.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
All employees at Biocut work for the customer and strive to provide “customer delight.” Each of us has areas of expertise, but these roles do not confine us. Rather, they provide a starting point where we delight the customer, continuously improve, and challenge others.
- Assist in the design of PLC control systems
- Specify industrial automation components
- Program/modify HMI/PLC applications
- Build electrical panels and ancillary systems
- Wire automated machinery
- Test and certify automated machinery
- Modify existing machinery per customer requirement
- Perform and document tests for internal use or for customer reference
- Mechanical assembly of complex machinery
- Develop schematics in AutoCad preferred
- Work with cross-functional team of engineers and assembly technicians
- Other duties as assigned
Experience And Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 year’s minimum related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of industrial automation machinery and components
- Basic understanding of automated fluid processes preferred
- Direct customer management work experience preferred
- Minimal, approximately 25% depending upon customer need.
- Travel may be up to twice per month, duration of trip varies (overnight, up to one week maximum).
- Medium physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Requires walking and standing and some climbing during the day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.